At Virgin Hyperloop One, we innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – so we can leave the world better than we found it. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up, then we encourage you to apply.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. We’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
The Flight Controls team is responsible for the development of control architecture, sensor and actuator architecture, and fundamental flight control laws that control the motion of the Hyperloop vehicle. These include levitation, guidance, propulsion, braking and docking functionality. The team also generates and codifies the safe operating regimes and high-level safety algorithms for the vehicle from the perspective of the propulsion motor, braking systems, levitation and guidance modules.
The flight actuators are electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
The HIL and Operational Logic Engineer on the Flight Controls Team will be responsible for the following:
- Generating real time flight code from Simulink models
- Developing process workflows for MIL/HIL testing
- Define and develop HIL unit test cases per specifications
- Interface with SW, HW and test engineers to troubleshoot issues
- Develop and integrate SW modules and tools to support and expand existing HIL architecture and SW framework
- Generate operational logic and state machines to control the behavior of the vehicle for testing and production operation
- Interface with systems, embedded, test and integration engineers to manage MIL/HIL testing of core flight functions
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The candidate must have some background with Controls and Dynamics, from either vehicle applications or high-performance machine tool design. They must be have familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Real time control systems
- Digital signal processing
- Classic, optimal, robust, and adaptive control techniques and real time implementation
- Software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop testing of embedded systems
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- BS or MS in Mechatronics, Autonomous Controls, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, and or similar field with applicable work experience
- Strong experience developing process workflows for HIL(Hardware-in-the-loop), MIL(Model-in-the-loop),PIL (Processor-in-the-loop),or SIL (Software-in-the-loop)
- Fundamental controls knowledge and experience
NICE TO HAVE:
- MS or PhD in Mechatronics, Autonomous Controls, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
- Candidate should have completed at least one commercial product development program:
- Manned/un-manned; drones or transportation
- Machine tools e.g. CNCs, pick-and-place
- Motion control products (in robotics, automation/fabrication, machine tools)
Team: collaborate with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people you have ever met.
Stock options: own a piece of the company that you’re helping to build.
Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more.
Wellbeing: 16 weeks of paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, fitness activities, meditation space, catered lunches, on-site massage, and more.