Fandango- Sr SDET
What would you do at Fandango?
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews & retrospectives
- Perform QA activities such as estimation, test planning & design, test execution, defect reporting, test results analysis & reporting for manual & automation testing
- Develop & maintain automation frameworks that meet our solution needs & will scale for future growth across a variety of products & technologies
- Write & enhance current mobile, mobile web and/or desktop test suite for manual & automated testing
- Identify, leverage & successfully implement opportunities to improve test efficiency & reliability for our test suites
- Continuously review how our test strategy aligns w/ the latest available technologies & industry trends
- Recommend ways to improve the effectiveness of our test efforts.
- Monitor automated test runs, analyze test results & quickly be able to target & fix test failures
- Help implement & enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration & continuous deployment pipelines
- Be an integrated part of an agile development team, working interactively w/ software engineers, test engineers & product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
- Contribute in continuous improvement of product development & quality practices to make the team more efficient, deliver higher quality products & ship on time.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Passionate about different types of platforms including Smart TV, Streaming boxes, Game Consoles, Mobile, and Web
- Passionate about technology
- Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries
- Works well in a team
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Open to new approaches and new ideas
- Excited to hone your craft
- Can take initiative to solve issues
What you have done:
• Bachelors Degree from a four-year college/university in related field & 5+ years testing experience; or equivalent combination of training & experience
• 3+ years of professional experience with progressive complexity and scope in an Agile environment
• 2+ years of professional experience with automated testing frameworks (WebdriverIO, SOAPUI, Selenium, JUnit, and/or BDD framework, etc.)
• 1+ years of professional experience coding in an OO or Scripting language, writing tests or features or both
What You Know:
• Deep understanding of test practices: black box, white box, grey box, etc.
• Strong experience with Agile Testing: contributing to stories, reading and writing Acceptance Criteria, etc.
• Experience with CI/CD concepts
• Experience with version control systems such as Git
• Experience with API testing techniques
• Experience working in Continuous integration platforms (Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo) in conjunction with automated artifact deployment and testing
• Knowledge of how to build automated build-and-test pipeline for mobile apps
• Experience working with SaaS based products is preferred
• Exposure to development and automation for cloud-based micro services
• Container-based development environments (Docker, Rocket, etc.)
• Experience with cloud-hosted, web and mobile application automated testing platforms (Saucelabs, BrowserStack, etc.)
• Media/Entertainment Experience