Fandango- Software Architect at Fandango
Fandango is looking for Software Architects at all levels. As a software architect working on our systems and services, you will work with a team of other software engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our software architects to be deeply technical, highly collaborative, versatile, and enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
· Be a key contributor to the planning and implementation of scalable platform architectures.
· Collaborate with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs.
· Work across the entire product life cycle; concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, and support.
· Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers. This will require hands-on work developing prototypes, contributing code, and evaluating technologies.
· Analyze and improve the agility, stability, scalability, and performance of our platforms and products.
· Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
· Be a force multiplier to our software engineering teams, helping them to make good decisions, avoid (or at least learn from) bad ones and confidently make difficult trade-offs.
· Stay current on the latest web technologies and industry trends. Evangelize best practices within the engineering organization.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of proven professional experience as a software engineer and/or software architect
• Deep knowledge of fundamental software architecture concepts and methodologies with a commitment to quality
• Proven experience acting as a technical lead with ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
• Practical experience with mission-critical, high volume systems
• Strong working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security principals
• Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
• Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar) technologies and cloud architectures
• A strong background in software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
• Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
• Experience with stream processing and event driven architectures
Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software
• Strong organizational and mentoring skills with experience in leading large projects
• Proven track record of translating technical objectives into engineering reality
• Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with API development, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues