Fandango- Senior/Staff Level Software Engineer, Back End at Fandango
Fandango is looking for Senior and Staff level Back End Software Engineers. As a software engineer working on our systems and services, you will work with and/or lead a team of other software engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great things for fellow movie fans.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve back end software and services
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
- Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a back-end or full-stack capacity
● A deep understanding of current software design patterns and principles
● 5 years of experience and understanding in computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
● Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
● Experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
● Experience with RESTful APIs, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
● Strong working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
● Experience developing consumer facing software, especially at scale
● Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
● Experience with a variety of back-end frameworks and productivity tools
● Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
● Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar) technologies
● Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
● Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
● Experience with stream processing and event driven architectures
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed.
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies.
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues