Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
An experienced engineering leader, with a strong and demonstrable track record of technical leadership, mentorship, performance management, and goal setting. Willing to immediately take on 3-5 junior to mid-level direct reports and jump in as a hands-on code contributor when necessary.
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers working as part of a cross-functional team
- Supplement productivity of Engineering team through substantial technical contributions
- Perform thorough software design and code reviews and establish processes for encouraging meaningful feedback
- Partner with Product Managers to own technical roadmap for various initiatives
- Lead the effort to improve QA, continuous integration, and testing processes
- Champion knowledge sharing and engineering quality efforts across the team
- Work closely with CTO on recruiting and onboarding efforts for new engineers
- 6+ years in software development (preferably backend/systems-focused)
- 3+ years in managing an engineering team, including ownership of a technical project roadmap and creation and execution of a hiring plan
- Living near or willing to relocate to Los Angeles area
- Expertise architecting and building scalable systems on cloud-hosted infrastructure (ideally with AWS and container-based technologies, e.g. Docker and ECS)
- Experience developing and implementing engineering best practices that encourage the development of maintainable, well-documented, and well-tested software
- Experience with a breadth of technologies and platforms, at least some of: Terraform, gRPC, Go, Python, NodeJS, Postgres
- Strong drive to learn from and collaborate with a diverse, talented team and coach junior team members for career development and technical growth