Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As an Engineering Manager you will recruit strong talent and build new engineering teams to tackle our technical problems at scale as we build in-house, modern technology for a massive industry that doesn’t have any.
You bring deep technical skills within a specific domain and excellent communication skills, a focused and empathetic approach to leadership, and a bold and action-biased attitude toward hard engineering problems.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Sell the product and vision. You need to understand the current business objectives and get PMs, engineers, and other cross-functional members aligned and excited.
- Recruit, hire and build out high performing engineering teams
- Establishing a culture of high productivity, collaboration and big impact, and empowering each team to bring their vision to life.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- A growth mindset and a bias towards action
- Deep technical domain knowledge in one of the following areas: backend development, front-end development, machine learning, system architecture or similar.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring engineering teams.
- Strong people management skills. You’ll need to understand and adapt to the fast-changing business needs of a scaling technology organization and manage expectations for your team. This also includes setting the roadmap and goals for both the team and each individual member, delegating intelligently, and mentoring engineers for growth opportunities at Clutter while delivering results.