Engineering Manager - Personalization at Honey
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking an Engineering Manager - Personalization to join our team in Los Angeles.
About the Role:
Our engineering team prioritizes creating excellent systems via rapid iterations, collaboration, and peer review. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will actively mentor and contribute to the personal development of their team. You get just as excited seeing others grow and learn under your leadership as you do by executing the work yourself. You seek to improve standard practices and cultivate a culture of excellence. Most importantly, you'll work with a diverse group of people and collaborate to create the best solutions for Honey and our members. You will focus on leading a highly skilled, cross-functional team of data and machine learning engineers to curate ML models that will drive personalized user engagements across all of our products.
What You'll Do:
As an Engineering Manager - Personalization at Honey, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering engineering and operational excellence for Honey’s Personalization team
- Be responsible for managing the architecture, design, development, and releases of the Personalization team
- Build, manage, mentor, and coach a team of highly-skilled ML & Data Engineers
- Own all operational metrics for your team
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
- Represent the engineering organization and evangelize the work to leadership
- You love fostering career growth and building a strong team culture
- You proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them
- You enjoy working collaboratively with Product and Technical Program Managers to build and maintain a backlog of work for a team of engineers
- You understand that celebrating accomplishments is just as important as looking for ways to improve
- You have experience managing Engineering teams
- You live and breathe data and are excited by how ML can be leveraged in eCommerce settings
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Los Angeles - Traction, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].