Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach/Remote
About the role and about You:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the development of delivery plans while working with a high-performance technical team in our Long Beach HQ.
You’ll be responsible for your team’s efficient delivery of quality code and for ensuring engineering standard methodologies like unit testing, TDD, code readability, and scalability. You’ll also be responsible for growing a complementary team and mentoring your team for performance. When needed, you can jump in and write code yourself.
What you’ll do:
- Build realistic project plans, align across teams with respect to work you're doing, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to executive partners
- Hire, mentor, and lead diverse engineering teams
- Develop and architect multi-platform Mobile solutions for iOS and Android
- Provide recommendations on client-server architecture to support mobile standard methodologies
- Roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to help your team win
- Deliver results and seek continuous improvement
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- Proven experience leading agile teams using modern agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and/or Android SDK.
- Strong knowledge of Swift & Objective-C and/or Kotlin.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/Android applications to back-end services
- Confirmed understanding of iOS and Android UI design principles, patterns, and standard methodologies
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Sophisticated knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Excellent social skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with source control, preferably GIT
- Experience with automated testing and build pipelines for CI/CD
- Experience with Cross-Platform UI Development
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Familiarity with Bluetooth coding
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Core Bluetooth, HealthKit, and WatchKit
- Familiarity with Push Notification APIs
- Familiarity with Android NDK and C++ cross platform mobile development
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness
- Experienced Zwifter
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.