Engineering Manager, Mobile at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
About the role
The Engineering Manager role will be leading the content creation pod as part of the Innovation team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of iOS and Android engineers to build consumer-facing features that reach millions of users globally
- Lead development of new end-user functionality and features to improve user retention and engagement
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential
- Work directly with product managers, architects, and user experience designers to define dependencies, priorities, and backlog.
- Recruit and build a world-class mobile engineering team
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of iOS or Android engineering experience must be published in the App Store and / or Google Play Store
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience to ship mobile apps at scale utilizing Agile Scrum methodology.
- Wisdom to know when and how to make technical trade-offs
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Deep knowledge of mobile architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM, Clean)
About The Team
We are passionate about building world-class products that help millions of people find the right connections. We are a full-stack team that includes mobile, and backend engineering.
Build client frameworks, features, and services that process and utilize terabytes of data in a quick and reliable way. Run hundreds of experiments simultaneously that help us improve user engagement and retention. Build metrics and monitoring tools that give us higher visibility of the heath of our system.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location