Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
As the Engineering Manager, you will own the engineering roadmap and technical landscape for the systems driving Bank of Dave. You will spend the vast majority of your time coaching and empowering engineers, collaborating with product managers and business stakeholders to deliver an exceptional banking experience to our users.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on solving hard problems, is passionate about finding innovative solutions, delights customers, and inspires colleagues. This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Hire, lead,mentor, and motivate talented engineers and help them grow professionally.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and business stakeholders to come up with the roadmap, vision and purpose.
- Bring forward creative technical solutions to handle complex business requirements.
- Facilitate and contribute to conversations with Lead and Staff Engineers to come up with scalable architecture, better engineering practices and prioritize tech debt.
- Clearly communicate the purpose and “why” behind the current and future priorities to the squad and stakeholders.
- Remove roadblocks for team members, both technical and otherwise.
- Know your domain and code in depth that will empower you to review code and contribute when necessary.
- Be the bridge between the squad and rest of the engineering org and leadership by making sure that information flows both ways.
- Be spokesperson and champion for changes initiated by peers, managers and leadership.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 1.5+ years of engineering management experience
- Ability to collaborate well and come up with technical vision for larger projects.
- Experience hiring and building diverse and inclusive high performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.