At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team of exceptional software engineers. You will play a key role in inspiring and driving the efforts of the engineering team to deliver the highest priority features in the quickest way possible while managing technical risk and quality.
In this role you will
- Build, mentor, and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Focus the team on the speed of iteration and shipping the most impactful features while continually raising the bar on operational excellence
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the personal strengths and contributions of your team members identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across engineering and product leadership teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products hands-on when needed and steer by example
We are looking for
- BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description