With over 20 million members and more than 1 million listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for our web, mobile, and internal applications.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team of exceptional software engineers. You will play a key role in inspiring and driving the efforts of the engineering team to deliver the highest priority features in the quickest way possible while managing technical risk and quality.
As an Engineering Manager, you're expected to:
- Build, mentor, and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Focus the team on speed of iteration and shipping the most impactful features while continually raising the bar on operational excellence
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team membersIdentify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across engineering and product leadership teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available productsBe hands-on when needed and lead by example
We are looking for:
- BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description