At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other minority groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
As a Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for helping team members with the technical aspects of their jobs and be the point of escalation for any technical challenges and help troubleshoot any problems that may arise. Apart from being hands on with coding, you will also be responsible for driving end-to-end architectural design while maintaining alignment to deliver well rounded solutions along with promoting best practices and coding standards. You will also be coordinating with team members in daily or weekly ceremonies ensuring the right work is being prioritized that aligns with business growth and deadlines.
The ideal candidate should seek to inspire all the team members, be accountable and trustworthy, and be able to build lasting relationships with team members.
- Collaborate with our cross functional Paid Growth team and the broader team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver compelling consumer products
- Work closely with Product Manager and Product Delivery in prioritizing stories, sequencing stories based on technical dependencies, and help defining business and technical requirements
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
- Uphold a culture of collaboration, transparency, creativity, inclusion, and data-driven decisions
- Mentor mid-level and senior Developers by providing technical guidance
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of real product experience - you have shipped products used by thousands of users
- Experience with our tech stack - React, Typescript, and GraphQL (front-end), Python (back-end), Contentful (CMS)
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessors or css-in-js
- Improving site performance and speed metrics like First Contentful Paint, SpeedIndex, TTI, etc.
- Experience with using, designing and building RESTful APIs (Protocol Buffers, etc)
- Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with writing robust and maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Experience with A/B testing platforms (Optimizely, Split, etc)
- Experience with APM and visual performance monitoring (DataDog, SpeedCurve or others)
- The desire and ability to learn new technologies
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate and obsessed about creating intuitive and scalable products
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals - you may work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key
- Experience coding with compliance in mind (HIPAA, PCI or others)
- Experience building Design Systems with Storybook or similar
- Experience with automatic building/deployment services like Jenkins, AWS, CodeFresh, Google Cloud platform, etc.
- Experience with Content Delivery Network (Cloudflare, Fastly or others)
- Integrating with different analytics/events-based systems like Segment, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.
- Open source contributions
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.