Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website enabling one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
About the Role
Route's software engineers are developing next-generation technologies that change how millions of users see, share, and discover the world's products. We are looking for versatile engineering leaders that bring a background in distributed systems design and development, large-scale data storage and processing systems, UI design, mobile, and much more
Route is an engineering company. We need our Engineering Leaders to bring fresh ideas, be excited to take on new problems across the stack, and embrace the startup culture where we must be comfortable being uncomfortable at times. We aspire to hire the best people with a broad set of technical skills, representing a globally diverse audience, and bringing a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and cultures.
- Lead the design, implementation, and improvement of our most demanding projects
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentor team members on engineering best practices, design, and coding standards
- Embody a culture of innovation, transparency, and radical candor
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems
- Interest and ability to learn other languages as needed
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Deep technical expertise with one or more of the following: Mobile Application Development, Front End Development, Big Data Processing Systems, AWS, Machine Learning,
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.