Engineer I, QA
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is a leading provider of innovative on-demand software solutions and services for the residential mortgage industry. Mortgage lenders of all sizes use Ellie Mae’s Encompass® all-in-one mortgage management solution, Mavent Compliance Service, and AllRegs research, reference and education resources to improve compliance, loan quality and efficiency across the entire mortgage lifecycle.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Write and execute test plans, design and develop test tools, debug and report code bugs and push quality upstream.
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Implement and maintain test automation and frameworks, performance testing tools, and other quality inspection tools
- Test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Be an ambassador for Agile QA by practicing principles such as TDD and ATDD
- Execute and interpret and report test automation results.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of QA engineering experience required
- Experience with API and UI testing required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree required
- Familiar with basic programming concepts and at least one programming language
- Familiar with entire Software Development Life Cycle process
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies such as Selenium
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiar with at least one test case management tool and one bug tracking tool
- Open and willing to join an agile, fast paced work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to explain, present, and showcase concepts and concerns to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to learn and research issues independently
Ellie Mae is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.