EMC Test Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
As an Electromagnetic Compatibility Test Engineer on the System Analysis and Integration team at Virgin Hyperloop, you will work on testing and troubleshooting high voltage and low voltage EMC products for compliance, in-house developmental work, perform non-standardized EMC tests and assist in the derivation of application specific limits and requirements.
- The EMC test engineer will partner with the EMC team, power electronics team, low voltage and mechanical groups to drive testing activities and troubleshooting activities.
- The team is responsible for ownership of all aspects of the EMC testing lifecycle from predevelopment to pre- compliance to certification work.
- The products being tested are often first of their kind, we need an EMC test engineer with strong background in testing standards, and the ingenuity to develop completely novel ones.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the effort of addressing Virgin Hyperloop EMI testing needs
- Identify and Procure EMC Equipment for testing
- Conduct preliminary EMC testing at part and component level
- Support various system level tests by investigating, mitigating and solving EMI issues
- Develop transfer functions from testing in EMC lab to predict emissions
- Support testing at labs of EMC models developed in house for validation purposes.
- Lead testing of sensor EMC
- Design and needed bespoke test equipment
- Write EMC requirements and standards and develop novel Hyperloop Specific EMC Requirements
- Plan and prepare Validation & Verification testing for internal development and certification stages
- Participate in EMC Design Reviews and provide actionable design solutions from shielding, filtering, grounding and circuit layout
- Support EMC troubleshooting of ongoing engineering development
- Communicate testing needs and results to VH engineering community
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Strong EMC testing experience and familiarity with EMC regulations for electric vehicles, or trains or combination thereof
- High Voltage EMC Testing Background is a must have.
- Performed site survey to derive EMC limits.
- Experience in EMC certifications and accreditation
NICE TO HAVE
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent and broad level of experience in EMC testing and compliance.
- Demonstrated work in an EMC lab environment.
- Experience with chamber site attenuation testing and/or semi-anechoic chamber development.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave