Electronics Design Engineer R&D
What You'll Do
- Be an expert in all aspects of Altium Designer and Solidworks
- Be responsible for circuit topology, component selection, PCB layout, prototyping, writing test firmware and validating a wide variety of electronics projects.
- Work from preliminary schematics, prototypes, parts lists, basic description of PCB functions, configuration as well as schematics captured from napkin drawings.
- Design multi layer PCB layout for mixed analog, digital and RF designs.
- Understand how to design for various certifications like FCC, CE and UL
- Handle concurrent fast-paced projects with minimal direction
- Contribute to drivetrain and vehicle level integrations from prototype to production
- Provide support to production and assembly during the production of prototypes
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Firmware Engineers, Production and Supply Chain to bring the product into mass production
- Mentoring and training junior engineers
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
What You'll Need
- At least 2 years experience using Altium & Solidworks
- At least 2 years writing test & validation firmware for your PCB projects
- Experience in power electronics development and manufacturing
- Solid background in power engineering and controlKnowledge of motor control principles
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem solving
- Large volume product development experience
- Basic understanding of overall electric vehicle components and functions
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Basic sensor types and technologies
- Experience with communication protocols like CAN, SPI, I2C, UART etc.
- Electrical test and debug using industry standard tools (oscilloscope, in-circuit debug, digital multi-meter, etc.)
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.