- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
- Plan and execute laboratory characterization of developmental visible and infrared image sensors, including test, data reduction, and report generation.
- Provide direct support to program offices with analysis and evaluation of contractor data, concepts and designs.
- Leading teams of engineers in the development of solutions to multi-disciplinary problems.
- Interface frequently with program office and government personnel.
- This position is in El Segundo, California.
This role can be filled at the Engineering Specialist or Project Leader level depending on experience
- Bachelor's degree in physics, electrical engineering, optical engineering, or another related field
- Minimum of 8-years of experience, either in the workforce or in pursuit of an advanced degree
- Strong background in characterization of electro-optical hardware in a laboratory environment
- Experience with data analysis packages like Python and/or MATLAB
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead technical tasks
- Must have or be able to obtain an SCI security clearance
Required for consideration as a Project Leader: (In addition)
- Project leader and/or coordinator of multi-disciplinary technical teams that include senior-level technical and project specialists
- Successful track record of mentoring junior staff
- Spokesperson and principal technical representative to internal management and customers
- An advanced degree in physics, electrical engineering, optical engineering, or related fields
- Active Top Secret security clearance with Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience with image sensor development and/or semiconductor device physics
- Experience with field-programmable gate array (FPGA) hardware and/or VHDL
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.