Electrical Manufacturing Engineer III at Honeybee Robotics (Greater LA Area, CA)
Honeybee Robotics has been at the forefront of robotics for over 40 years, establishing ourselves as pioneers in developing novel exploration systems for the most extreme planetary environments. At our Southern California location, we look to "Touch Life" by supporting planetary science, including every NASA Mars rover since Spirit and Opportunity. We aim to "Mine the Sky" through the development of practical In-Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU) solutions. We search for technically brilliant individuals in engineering, software, and support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer III who will report to the Operations Manager and assist the Quality Assurance Team. The ideal candidate will develop, evaluate, and improve industrial manufacturing methods of high-precision aerospace assemblies. They will utilize knowledge of - product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards to successfully build complex assemblies.
- Owns the manufacturing process of low-volume complex printed circuit board assemblies and wiring harnesses, including internal and external suppliers
- Creates shop order routings, selects vendors, and oversees fabrication from engineering release to component delivery
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries
- Builds and maintains relationships with external vendors and an understanding of their timelines and capabilities
- Works with vendors and QA to certify vendor capabilities and qualify new processes
- Reviews engineering drawings of complex printed circuit boards and circuit board assemblies
- Assists in Manufacturing Readiness Review, Material Review Board, and non-conformance dispositioning
- Recommends improvements to in-house equipment and processes to improve manufacturing timelines
- Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes
- Develop inspection and verification processes for boards received from suppliers
- 5+ years of experience with engineering or manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and layout files in accordance with IPC Standards
- Process knowledge of PCB Fabrication, soldering process, PCB cleanliness, staking and conformal coating, and harness assembly
- Familiarity with Altium Designer or equivalent CAD tool
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline
- Experience with aerospace grade low outgassing material for PCB and harnesses
- Experience with inspection methods (e.g. X-ray, DPA) is a plus
- Experience with Harness Drawings conforming to IPC-WHMA-A-620/NASA STD 8739.4
- Experience with IPC 6012
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification or experience in LEAN Six Sigma
Compensation and Benefits:
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and a 4.5% company match (100% on the first 3% and 50% on the next 3%)
- Education Reimbursement for certificate, undergraduate, and graduate programs
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, two floating, and 11 company holidays.
$111,000 - $143,000 a year
Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with local market data.
See your work make an impact on some of the most exciting space missions, including major subsystems of NASA's upcoming Dragonfly, VIPER, and Mars Sample Return missions. Work alongside with the best and the brightest, including our partners across the aerospace industry. In a few short years, your contributions will allow you to point to Mars, the Moon, or Saturn's moon Titan, and say, "I did that!"
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Note: This job posting is intended for direct applicants only. We request that outside recruiters do not contact us regarding this position.