Electrical Engineer at Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Electrical Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our office in Venice, CA you’ll join the Snap Lab Hardware Engineering group responsible for the design, development, and innovation of Snap hardware. Our objective is to deliver on first-in-class consumer electronics hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Engineer component analysis, silicon specification, schematic design, circuit review, layout review, and general debugging
- Collaborate closely with mechanical, software, and industrial design teams
- Analyze circuit parasitics and tolerances to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature range
- Supervise and review layout for PCB, Flex, and rigid Flex designs
- Debug hardware issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity, and low speed interface performance
- Test and validate all electrical designs
- Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation
- Simulate, test, and validate EMI and ESD performance of all designs
- Develop new test equipment and procedures
- Develop electronic prototypes for new product concepts
- BS in a relevant field (EE, CS, or Physics)
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture with tools like Cadence Allegro and OrCAD Capture
- Familiarity with micro-controller and instrument programming
- MS/PhD in a relevant field (EE, CS, or Physics)
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience with design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces
- Extensive experience with design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits
- Knowledge of layout strategies for EMI minimization, signal integrity, and low noise
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across groups
- Excellent process development and documentation skills
- Familiarity with low power/battery operated designs
- Familiarity with power supply architectures and the validation thereof
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].