Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Power Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in finalizing the design, test and verification and production of key parts of our power system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as test and launch facilities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
This position will be responsible owning key components of the power distribution system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle. Therefore, the avionics power engineer will be responsible for power distribution and energy storage components on the rocket. Tasks ranging from initial design and prototyping to flight production and qualification testing of these power subsystem avionics gives full ownership of projects.
The successful candidate will have experience with component selection, schematic capture and layout of printed circuit boards. They will have exposure to the full life-cycle of electronics from clean sheet to production. They will also have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and be excited about owning key components on the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, or comparable and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in the development, verification and production of power components
- Experience with both schematics and layout for electric circuits
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space systems
- Knowledge of Altium for schematic capture and layout
- Work with high voltage systems, with an understanding of associated safety precautions
- Experience with battery management systems
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support testing with associated troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.