Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a highly talented Power Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in finalizing the design, test and verification and production of key parts of our power system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as test and launch facilities.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible owning key components of the power distribution system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle. Therefore, the avionics power engineer will be responsible for power distribution and energy storage components on the rocket. Tasks ranging from initial design and prototyping to flight production and qualification testing of these power subsystem avionics gives full ownership of projects.
The successful candidate will have experience with component selection, schematic capture and layout of printed circuit boards. They will have exposure to the full life-cycle of electronics from clean sheet to production. They will also have experience working in a fast-paced environment, and be excited about owning key components on the launch vehicle.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, or comparable and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in the development, verification and production of power components
- Experience with both schematics and layout for electric circuits
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space systems
- Knowledge of Altium for schematic capture and layout
- Work with high voltage systems, with an understanding of associated safety precautions
- Experience with battery management systems
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support testing with associated troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.