Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. Check out our latest YouTube video here!
Relativity seeks an entry-level Electrical Engineer to join Relativity full-time.
Your application will be reviewed, and if you are chosen to move forward, you will interview with Engineers at Relativity Space. If you are selected to move forward; your application will be considered for the below specialized team:
Avionics Hardware: The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production of the first 3D printed rocket! This team's scope includes the flight computers, power systems, RF systems, autonomous flight safety systems, and telemetry.
What you'll do:
- Work with design and manufacturing teams to develop, design, and implement industrial robotic cells.
- Deploying, testing, and on-site commissioning and qualification of robotic cells and their control system.
- Define, implement, diagnose, and modify electrical cabinets for both control and power distribution systems.
- Generate project bill of materials and order required components and materials.
- Develop life cycle documents, electrical panels, control architecture, wiring drawings, electrical schematics, SOP and operating standards.
- Communicate and meet with vendors to procure job and application specific components with the latest technology offered for industrial automated system/robotic work cells.
- Participate in planning meetings, design reviews, define milestones for their respective projects, and demo results to the team.
Skills/Competencies we're looking for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student graduating in December 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022
- Earning your degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar field
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.