To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
As the Electrical Engineer, Embedded and Sensing, you will be part of the Control System team as part of the Product Development Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units and peripherals for the control systems of hyperloop - safety-critical, real-time and other uses. You will contribute to the overall embedded control solution by aiding in electrical specification and requirements ranging from embedded controllers and sensing peripherals as well as the interconnection and interaction between. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hands on work bringing up and supporting embedded platforms for Control Systems and other teams, with a focus on proving out and testing in house designed control units and peripherals
- Design, specify and select sensors and harnessing based on subsystem requirements, work with other teams to ensure design compatibility
- Troubleshoot various hyperloop hardware ranging from PCB board testing and debug, sensor, and other peripheral testing
- Work with SW engineers during board bring up(s) in order to streamline such efforts, aiding in on the fly board modifications (if needed)
- Provide and/or work with test team to provide test procedures, plans, and results
- Read, understand, and modify electrical schematics as needed and/or advise based on testing and functional verification
- Comfortable with complex PCB schematics including microcontroller/FPGA, signal conditioning, power supply, and analog/digital control circuitries
- Work with and manage vendors as needed in order to deliver design(s)
- Conduct or work with electrical technicians to build and test circuit prototypes
- Perform and/or manage rework of board designs, as appropriate
- Understand electrical system design and integration practices
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design concerns
- Circuit/Network Analysis
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of hands on experience in embedded systems design
- 1+ years of hands on experience in embedded systems troubleshooting
- Familiar with circuit simulation tools, e.g., Matlab Simulink, LTSpice, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with experience with various lab equipment including oscilloscope, power supplies, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition system
- Up-to-date knowledge on relevant design standards
- Excellent communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- 2+ years of hand on experience on designing and troubleshooting complex embedded systems
- Familiar with Altium Designer, AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience with designs and testing around functionally safe standards
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave