Electrical Design Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you innovate next generation prototypes for space, airborne, and ground systems. This opportunity is for an Electrical Design Engineer to be a key member within Aerospace’s xLab, which develops prototypes, instruments, pathfinders, and demonstration systems to address the country's challenging problems.
We engage with potential customers during concept development, evolve to project definition, fabrication, execution, and transition of new technology to industry partners. Our teams develop the advanced prototypes that will inform the next generation of ground and space-based sensors. If you like being challenged with difficult problems that deserve your creative solutions, then this position is perfect for you!
Aerospace xLab is looking for a bright engineer that loves designing complex electronics. You would design flight electronics, manage the assembly process, bring-up, test, and troubleshoot when required. You will be a key member of project teams that work on solving the country’s hardest problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience designing, testing, troubleshooting board designs in a hardware-focused R&D environment
- Practical working knowledge of analog and digital electronics design principles, schematic entry, circuit analysis, simulation, and layout processes.
- Ability to work in an electronics laboratory environment and have experience with test and measurement tools like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal/function generators.
- Knowledge of the PCBA fabrication and assembly process
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Master’s degree in STEM field or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing, troubleshooting board designs in a hardware-focused R&D environment
- Experience with PADS and SPICE
- Experience with FPGA design (Microsemi, Xilinx) for embedded systems with experience in VHDL ( very high-speed integrated circuit hardware description language)
- Experience with analog design
- Experience with high-speed digital design
- Experience and/or interest in custom integrated circuit design and chip layout a plus
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.