To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- The Modeling and Simulation role works within the System Loads and Analysis team (SLAM).
- SLAM is responsible for analyzing the performance of the coupled Hyperloop system.
- SLAM develops and maintains a suite of multidomain simulation tools to provide feedback to design teams.
- We are looking for an dynamic and experienced engineer to develop, maintain, and utilize these tools to analyze the full Hyperloop system with focus on dynamics, controls, and loads.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop software tools to analyze integrated-system vehicle flight dynamics.
- Focus on model development and maintenance for one or more of the following areas:
- Simulation environment and architecture.
- Nonlinear constrained multibody dynamics principles and analysis.
- Structural dynamics, vibration analysis, and generation of design loads.
- Controls modeling and design (continuous and discrete).
- Electromagnetic Actuators
- Aerodynamics and thermal modeling
- Verification and documentation of models using standard software practices
- Analyze system performance and provide feedback to designers using your models
- Aid in test design and analysis for verification and validation of the system
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's degree and work experience in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or similar discipline.
- Experience developing multi-domain dynamic simulations in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Excellent knowledge of time domain and frequency domain analyses (i.e. harmonic, PSD, Laplace).
- Excellent understanding of engineering first principles in multiple domains (structural, electrical, aerodynamics, thermal, controls, etc.).
NICE TO HAVE
- Master’s or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or similar field.
- Experience with safety-critical certification of models.
- Experience with nonlinear system optimization techniques and software.
- Experience maintaining a loads database for tracking simulation results.
- Experience with code generation and controls certification standards, such as EN50128.
- Experience with one or more of the following CAE suites: Simcenter NX Motion/Response Dynamics, NX NASTRAN, FEMAP, ANSYS, Simulia Simpack, or similar.
- State estimation and sensor modeling techniques.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave