Director, Value Architecture COE at BlackLine
Directly lead, manage and provide thought leadership to a global team of Value Architects that specialize in; the education of internal and external customers, Oracle knowledge, the art of both retention and competition against Oracle and drive BlackLine user adoption and retention by establishing partnerships with Marketing, Competitive Intelligence and Product Development.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
· Owns the strategy for building, developing and retaining a world-class Value Architecture team aligned to the goals of the Go to Market Team.
· Lead, manage and train all Global VA’s specializing in Oracle
· Create and Drive Oracle SHARK initiatives
· The COE is to expand beyond the Oracle focus once the GTM team is satisfied with initial threat status
· Recruit, hire and train additional Value Architects with additional ERP competencies such as, Trintech, Workday, OneStream, etc.
· Assess and build a competency description for a technical resource to be responsible for connectors, API’s, webservices, etc.
· Supporting Sales: This role will drive and measure outcomes with BlackLine Sales, Solutions Consulting, Customer Success, Product and Services through the SHARK process or any means by which an account may be deemed at risk or in a competitive state.
o Drive enablement for Sales & Presales educating stakeholders in the value of BlackLine solutions to retain and grow the market BL market share.
o Track and report on metrics related to the state of the business
o Align VA resources to large/complex opportunities based on skillset and need in support of ongoing new business sales or AMO retention or upsell.
· Cultivate a relationship with Product and provide direct feedback on where the product should be enhanced based on field knowledge, expertise and GTM initiatives.
· Go-to-Market Assets: Own the relationship with Product, Marketing and Services and oversee the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) in order to evangelize our Solution.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 15 years of finance experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations
- Experience with Oracle ARCS/EPM
- Previous enterprise level experience as a Solutions Consultant or end user/administration experience in the BlackLine software
- Strong ability to demonstrate and persuade using influencing skills and relating to prospective customers in a consultative manner
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to understand and address prospective client objections
- Strong ability to match product functionality to the prospects’ business needs
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness and good judgment
Ability to travel up to 30%