About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. As the Director of Software Test Engineering you partner with Software Engineering, Product Management and Engineering Operations leadership to create and code tests concurrently with product development. This is a meaningful role focused on Connected TV, gaming devices, & mobile applications. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. You will also act as a representative of the STE Team in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Lead the application testing for Pluto TV on Connected TVs, set top boxes, game consoles & mobile devices.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Team management at scale ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of all testing activities on projects assigned.
- Spearhead automation initiatives for all WebTech projects
- Management / Mentorship of Software Test Engineers
We believe the right individual will possess these skills and experiences:
- 7+ years experience of people management working with on-site and offshore teams
- Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
- Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards
- Use of STE Unified Test Framework
- Application behavior and testing techniques
- Test coverage for application(s) supported.
- 5+ years of experience developing Test automation scripts specifically using object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, Appium, TestNG, Java) capable of running on Connected TVs (Samsung, Vizio, LG, STBs, gaming consoles)
- 5+ years of solid working experience in testing Connected TV applications built on using ReactJS/HTML5 technologies)
- 5+ years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust API testing frameworks
- Performance testing experience, a plus
- 5+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
- Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
- Experience working with native AWS a big plus