Director, Software Engineering - Enablement at NBCUniversal (Remote)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Director, Software Engineering - Enablement will drive the adoption and usage of our internal development platform which provides numerous capabilities to quickly deliver applications that are reliable, secure, and performant in cloud based environments. The candidate will partner with engineering leadership on utilizing the building blocks efficiently and drive a team of subject matter experts that design, consult, and aid with delivery of cloud-native applications with our internal engineering teams.
The capabilities of the internal development platform will provide easy and templated solutions that create paved roads to go from code repo to production that include, but not limited to:
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Re-envisioning our API Management and Edge-based API Gateways
- Automation and creation of blueprints to align with secure cloud building blocks into solutions for various cloud providers
- Security and privacy based foundations
- Performance, code quality, unit testing templating to increase adoption with a focus on all types of cloud environments from compute to serverless
- Provide leadership for engineers that act as "internal consultants" for our development teams to best utilize the building blocks and paved roads from our internal development platform and our best practices for data-driven engineering
- Drive collaboration with other engineering teams on best methods to utilize the internal development platform
- Provide thought leadership that impact the design of cloud-native applications
- Establish and maintain partnerships within the organization and internal customers to determine roadmap features
- Drive initiatives to educate and amplify awareness on cost, reliability, and performance best practices in cloud-native platforms
- Develop and maintain technical content for the developer portal
- Drive the developer advocacy program and evangelize our products and services to the developer community
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, 4+ as a leader
- Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management tools, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Version Control, Testing Frameworks and DevSecOps with an eye on FinOps.
- Proficient with distributed web-scaled design and implementations
- Understanding of public cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP) and fundamental components like Compute/Virtual Machines, Serverless, Storage, Databases, Identity and User Management, etc.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a fast-paced, team-driven environment .
- Grasp the big picture, while still delivering on the details.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience driving the adoption of release automation through self-service pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- A good communicator who can inspire their team to help them understand the mission
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $180,000 - $220,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.