An ideal candidate is a leader who will proactively drive Blackline’s partnership strategy, execution, and success with ISVs and Cloud providers. The role requires a strategic thinker who understands how ISV ecosystem can complement and extend Blackline, as well as the ability to leverage go-to-market and field-level relationships with key strategic partners.
The ideal candidate will have served in an Alliance role in a SaaS company, and ability to ramp up on Blackline products and technology. This leader also has experience working with enablement and marketing teams, and will work collaboratively, on a daily basis, with multiple organizations to drive the success of the partnerships globally across various functions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborate across BlackLine’s global Alliance organization, product management and development, sales, and marketing teams to develop the go-to-market approach with a strategic set of complementary ISV and Cloud partners. Key strategic partnerships include Google, Netsuite, and Microsoft D365.
- Define Blackline’s ISV partner program and processes that accelerate growth for BlackLine and the respective partners.
- Work hand-in-hand with product management to drive partners to build integrations and connectivity to Blackline’s Financial Close, Accounts Receivable and Intercompany Hub product platforms.
- Define customer use cases for business processes where ISV/Cloud partners can provide complementary solutions
- Recruit complementary ISVs to address adjacent product areas for the Record-to-Report Financial Automation process
- Work closely with executive leadership teams within Blackline and partners to ensure strategic corporate alignment and vision to drive the success of partners globally.
- Liaise with strategic partners to craft and execute on joint business plans and track success metrics
- Account mapping with handful of key strategic ISV/Cloud partners to identify net new opportunities and leverage the regional Field Alliance teams to facilitate teaming with partners.
- Provide enablement and pitches for both Blackline and partner field teams to help both teams understand the co-sell motion and respective value propositions
- Liaise with partner marketing to help drive joint marketing plans with key partners that include BlackLine-led and partner-led programs, driving awareness and demand generation aligned with the goals of the alliance.
- Collaborate with partner marketing on co-messaging and co-positioning around the partnerships for enablement, thought-leadership, and go-to-market assets
- Partner across BlackLine marketing to execute BlackLine’s participation at tradeshows and events hosted by a partner or attending with a partner
- Partner closely with Alliance counterparts in EMEA and APAC to keep partners engaged and regionalizing programs and assets when appropriate
- Manage co-funding budget execution and coordination for partner-owned marketing programs or activities
- Measure, assess and report out the effectiveness of the ISV/Cloud partnership
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel role, or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system and Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform, Kapost
- Experience working within partner portal platforms or similar partner service tools
- Availability to attend meetings outside of North America business hours when needed
- 20-30% travel
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in an Alliances partnership roles with ISV and Cloud providers
- Strategic thinker that ties strategies back to business case, BlackLine/Alliance goals and outcomes
- Presence and presentation skills that succinctly communicates key points in executive meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Ability to use data and insights to inform or build a business case
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to take initiative and juggle several projects at the same time to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments