Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.Your opportunity
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.Our team
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.The role
Metropolis is seeking a Director of Quality Assurance to be the founding member of the QA team. Reporting to the Chief Technology and Product Officer, you will be responsible for all QA activities within the organization. You will play a key role in setting the processes that ensures that the software that we build meets product specifications. You will partner with our Product and Engineering leaders to plan the product roadmap and set the processes to ensure that QA is an integral part of the product development process. You will hire and mentor a team of world-class QA Engineers, who will work closely with the software engineers to ensure quality of all our deliverables. You will architect and lead the implementation of QA automation software to ensure rapid feedback with each software build. If the challenge of working for an AI-based product that bridges the digital and physical worlds speaks to you, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.Key responsibilities
- Lead all Quality Assurance activities of the organization.
- Set best practices for identification of potential problems, root cause analysis of any issues and daily activities, manual or automated, to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
- Hire and mentor best in class QA engineers.
- Build and execute a plan to ensure that automation is a key component ongoing quality assurance.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product leaders in planning and execution of the product roadmap.
- Review product requirements and technical specifications and ensure the QA team has all the necessary plans in place for the timely delivery of the features.
- Stay connected with the trends in the QA industry, implement tools to support the QA and software development teams.
- Analyze data and communicate quality issues and trends to ensure transparency and identify areas for improvement.
- As a senior member of the Engineering team, be responsible for delivering a remarkable experience to our customers.
- 8+ years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience with at least 3+ years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles, agile methodologies and QA best practices.
- Demonstrated experience creating QA processes and ensuring the right mix of automated and manual testing to ensure high quality of software deliverables.
- Experience in prioritizing and coordinating QA activities for mobile and web applications.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing software.
- Proficient in issue tracking, documentation and planning tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles, container technologies and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in QA of Machine Learning applications would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.