Director of Engineering at Cie
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:14 a.m. (PST) on Friday, November 20, 2020
Performa is a technology startup with the goal of creating a de-escalation training platform in order to make more effective decisions for police officers. Our mobile platform better helps officers train in de-escalation techniques in order to reduce incidents of use of force, a mission more important than ever.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our growing team and help us get there—someone who can see the larger opportunities within a startup, move at a fast pace, face a problem head on, and do it all while producing beautiful code. If that sounds like your bread and butter, then APPLY HERE!
WHERE YOU WILL BE IN A YEAR
- MAKE THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE! - This is a transformational opportunity for someone who is looking to make a real impact with their work. You will be part of the early team to help concept, create, and deliver this essential technology . You will have the opportunity to create a safer world for both Peace Officers and the general public.
- ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER! - You will impact an industry that is ready for disruption. Our technology is the first of its kind within the industry and is needed now more than ever. Buckle up for this fast-moving, unparalleled opportunity that will be a unique and rewarding challenge each and every day.
- DRIVE TECHNICAL DECISIONS! You will research, evaluate and determine the technical direction for our teams and projects throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- New feature development for our mobile training app (Unity 2D Canvas/C# development)
- Integrating with RESTful API built by the back-end team
- Deploy for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Designing specs based on creative input
- Problem solving in identifying best practices and solutions to technical challenges
- Lead the technical direction for our fast-growing team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET THERE
- 10+ years minimum C# development in Unity or Mono
- 8+ years Unity development (2D Canvas experience preferred)
- Experience designing and creating technical specs based on creative discussion
- Experience developing and releasing a mobile app with large audiences (10,000+ users)
- Collaborative, creative thinking with excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes and patterns
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience working on time-sensitive, deadline-driven projects
- Our stack: ASP.NET, Unity C#
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our compensation packages consist of salary and a full suite of benefits to support our growing team.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Medical, Dental, & Visual. 95% paid by employer!
- Unlimited PTO: We believe in work/life balance to reward our rock stars for delivering great results.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- Ownership: You’ll be a crucial member of the initial build-out team, offering unlimited opportunity for growth and professional development.
PERFORMA IN THE NEWS:
Read Full Job Description