Director of Engineering at System1
The Role You Will Have
- This is a unique opportunity to grow a team and develop from the ground-up a new distributed platform.
- This new platform will focus on retail and eCommerce products.
- The platform key-technology will enable product recommendations and user-intent detection.
- Build, operate, and optimize large web-based systems and platforms that interface directly with Data Science real-time scoring models and support various optimization algorithms that are multi-objective in nature.
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets.
- Key platform features entail 1. real-time/near-real-time processing of users' engagement data, 2. management of product feeds containing millions of items, 3. integration with ML models that power the sites.
- Serve as a key individual contributor within the Bellevue engineering group and provide technical leadership to the team you will directly contribute to shape and grow.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying, and debugging tools and products.
- Help grow a team and work with a tight knit group of engineers and data stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
- 10+ years of combined experience in a backend or full stack development.
- Well versed with Python and python libraries/frameworks is required
- Proven leadership skills and ability to mentor and lead a driven team of talented engineers.
- Passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity and thrive in collaborative teams.
- Prior experience leading projects with at least 2-4 engineers.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs
- Ability to execute on ideas and influence decision making in a clear and effective manner.
- Experience with Information Retrieval algorithms and recommender systems is desirable.
- Exposure to Elasticsearch, Apache Solr and SEO.
What We Have To Offer
- Paid Parking or an ORCA Card
- Cross-team lunches and tech demos to foster learning
- Unlimited paid sick time, 17 days of PTO, and 10 paid company holidays
- Competitive Benefits package
- Weekly catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Happy Hours at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Bellevue
- Weekly yoga and fitness classes with private trainer
- Company parties and outings