Director, Engineering at NuORDER
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:05 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 10, 2020
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
We’re hiring for a talented and creative director of engineering with a strong technical foundation in computer science. In this role, you will be working cross functionally with the product, design, and engineering teams on a wide variety of projects that power NuORDER’s unique wholesale, B2B eCommerce platform.
Our director of engineering will help to design, build, and maintain our 2-way ordering platform that helps retailers and brands alike by digitizing and streamlining the buying process and taking selling to the next level. One of the big initiatives you’ll help to drive in this role is leveraging the notion of operational automation to build out such features as shopping carts that can be edited by multiple parties, at once.
You're also going to work on other major parts of our growing and blossoming platform, and will be joining an amazing, friendly, and diverse team. Engineers at NuORDER work closely with the product and design team, and think about problems from our customers' perspective to devise the best solutions.
- 8+ years of software development
- Ideally a solid understanding of modern front-end technology. Experience with React and webpack is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Proficient in web debugging and profiling tools with an understanding of web performance best practices
- Test driven development, experience with large projects.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team player, enjoy learning and teaching.
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end components used by all teams across org
- Mentorship of junior developers
- Understanding of both frontend and backend technologies and architecture (API design, message driven applications, micro-services, relational and non-relational databases, big data, scalability, security, etc)
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen. In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team.
Read Full Job Description