Director of Engineering
Greater LA Area
Girlboss is a digital professional network built for ambitious women. Our mission is big: to provide women the opportunity and connections they need to advance both personally and professionally. We’re building what’s been called the “Linkedin for women,” but our vision extends beyond traditional career. The Girlboss platform provides a place for women to share and connect over not just what they do, but who they are. Extending this through events, a podcast network, and editorial content, Girlboss is building an ecosystem of support for women at the center of a new era of work.
Girlboss is seeking a Director of Engineering with a proven background in building and scaling products. This person will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of highly talented engineers to scale and power the Girlboss community. This leader will also be a key stakeholder to shape the product roadmap on technical requirements and feasibility and drive executional excellence.
In this role you will
- Lead and mentor growing team of engineers to build a best in class product that users love
- Shape process that enhances productivity, code health, and achieves business goals
- Own technical architecture decisions to help our systems scale in collaboration with your brilliant teammates
- Contribute to the codebase - there's a lot of code to ship and you love to lead by doing (vs. by saying)
- Exceptional expertise in NoSQL, relational databases and schema design.
- Experience in our stack strongly preferred: React, NodeJS, Postgres, Google Cloud Services
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and comfort with running sprints/scrums and reporting and tracking in systems like Jira, Trello.
- Strong foundation in Object-Oriented design principles
- Significant experience designing an API or Microservices platform
- Proficiency in app development, especially iOS
- Significant experience scaling and designing systems
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making engineering decisions based on data and best practices
- Strong communication skills, particularly in translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences and great product sensibilities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Girlboss offers all full-time employees equity packages, health benefits paid at 100%, unlimited PTO, 401K, paid maternity leave, remote work on Fridays, and more.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, and other marginalized groups to apply. Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description