Director of Engineering
In case you've not heard of MeUndies before, let me give you some more info... we're a rapidly growing start-up based in Culver City that creates ridiculously (and I mean RIDICULOUSLY) comfortable and affordable undies for men and women in a variety of colors and prints. We are exclusively an e-commerce business at the moment (with our first retail location opening soon) offering our customers the option to purchase either one-off items or sign up for a monthly subscription.
Our technology stack:
- Ruby on Rails for the backend
- React, Redux and Webpack on the frontend
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres, Redis, and Redshift
- React for our point-of-sale application
Day To Day You Will:
- Implement effective processes to ensure the broader Engineering team's health
- Help ensure initiatives are appropriately balanced with the right level of Engineering expertise so that they're setup for success
- Improve the Engineering team's approach to compensation, reviews, and growth
- Track the overall velocity of the Engineering team; identify and implement improvements that increase velocity
- Develop leadership talent within the team
- Drive long-term initiatives to completion
- Work with leaders across Design/UX, Data, and Product to ensure product being built satisfies business objectives
- Create processes to improve communication between engineers on different team
- Represent engineering across the organization
- Be a model for inclusive and transparent communication
- Champion Engineering hiring - bring candidates into the hiring process, level-up the experience for them, and conduct interviews along the way
A little About You:
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 7-10 years of software development experience with at least 3+ years programming in Ruby on Rails
- Experience Managing an engineering team
- Advanced experience with relational database(PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience with Front-End technologies (HTML, CSS, ES6)
- Self-motivated, results driven engineer who is passionate about collaboration as well as working solo.
- You have production experience with a nice bit of our stack: Ruby, Rails, React, Redux, TypeScript, Jenkins, Git, AWS etc. and for the parts you don't, you're excited to learn.
- You don't take yourself too seriously and believe a winning culture is an essential ingredient to building a great company.