Director of Engineering, Preconstruction at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a Director of Engineering, Preconstruction to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Director of Engineering, Preconstruction, you’ll help shape the critical experiences that can significantly impact the financial health of construction companies and project owners. You’ll lead a team of engineers as they develop the tools that help manage blueprints, models, plans, and the life cycle for which new construction projects are awarded through the bid management process.
This position will report to Engineering Senior Leadership and has the opportunity to work remotely or be based out of any of our U.S. offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage, and implement Procore’s short and long term Preconstruction engineering strategy
- Develop an understanding of how our users experience Procore every day and identify opportunities of improvement for new and returning customers
- Work closely with key stakeholders to craft a connected experience across the construction lifecycle
- Maintain direct accountability for critical experiences shared by all users of Procore
- Lead multiple teams, oversee managers, and create a robust and functional group within the engineering organization
- Oversee architectural and engineering decisions to create a high performing, delightful, robust set of customer experiences
- Deliver and maintain systems responsible for critical businesses processes and account actions depended upon by Procore’s users across the construction industry to do their jobs every day
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 7+ years of experience managing software engineering teams and and their leaders
- Strong familiarity with common practices of modern software development in a moderate scale SaaS environment
- Track record of managing a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders both within and beyond R&D
- Mastery in wide range of software engineering competencies as it relates to delivering high quality software in rapidly evolving production environments
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Experience building an engineering org and developing talent through mentorship, coaching, and development
- Experience partnering with recruiting on hiring, succession planning, and retention strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience reporting to multiple executive-level stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence engineering and business partners on software architecture and project roadmaps in order to drive positive change
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.