At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to join our Marketing Enablement team. As a Director of Engineering, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams in creating and delivering products as well as be directly involved in solving challenging technical problems. You will be responsible for managing business critical systems, setting and facilitating project goals, contributing to core product strategy, leading software architecture design, and helping develop and grow the team. You should have strong communication skills, both within the engineering teams and with the stakeholder across the various projects you will interact with.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing a team of software engineers who are obsessed with making an impact on our business and for our customers
- Providing hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code reviews
- Managing multiple multidisciplinary teams including other engineering managers and be responsible for your organization's productivity, system health, and impact
- Helping define and champion GoodRx’s engineering culture
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and developing world class talent
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, 5+ years of leadership responsibilities, including managing managers
- Deep toolbox of techniques and practices that help teams execute a high level and continuously improve
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Experience building and scaling software systems and infrastructure
- Experience in continuous delivery and integrationKnowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred (BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation)
- Bonus: Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security environments.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description