Director of Engineering - E-Commerce
FabFitFun inspires happiness and personal growth through discovery. Join Us. Be Happy.
FabFitFun is looking for a Director of Engineering for E-commerce to build and lead a team of engineers and architects in support of Product Development to build a world-class e-commerce experience. This role interacts heavily with Quality Assurance and Data Engineering to provide a truly personalized shopping experience.
What We’re Like
- A collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day
- We focus on improving our customer’s experience everyday, how we do that, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can
- We celebrate innovation and want every member at FFF to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead and manage a team of engineers in Los Angeles
- Create and deliver against a technical roadmap
- Oversee the cross-functional partnership between Product Development, Engineering and Quality assurance.
- Partner with Product Development to brainstorm and design new product offerings
- Responsible for adherence to our agile product processes and best practices
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language concepts, Java EE, SQL, and NoSQL
- Minimum of 10 years of experience creating scalable object-oriented RESTful web services and applications
- At least 5 years experience in a leadership/managerial capacity
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of AWS Lambda, serverless architectures, and microservices
- Familiarity working in test-driven development and Agile environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant e-commerce and/or subscription experience
- Experience with scalable event based engagement loops and the technology needed to support those across a vast user base
- Experience with gamification systems or gaming
What you’ll get:
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing ecommerce
- Full health-care coverage, dental and vision coverage, competitive medical coverage for dependents
- Catered meals 3x/week, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Employee perks including generous vacation policy, dog-friendly office, free FabFitFun subscription and paid parking!
- 12 weeks’ paid parental leave
- Fun and friendly culture