Director of Engineering, DevOps & Security at PatientPop
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to WorkHow you will contribute:
- Direct and mentor teams as the lead architect and technical domain owner for infrastructure as code, security engineering, and developer tools.
- Enhance monitoring systems and support processes throughout the organization
- Build teams responsible for some of the most important technology at PatientPop
- Member of the core group of engineering leaders throughout the organization
- Inspire, champion and teach when the need arises
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Help us achieve and maintain maximum potential in areas of scale, security, fiscal efficiency and fault tolerance. This includes everything from authentication to authorization service to programmatic cross cloud resource initiation, orchestration and continuity.
- Language: Python 3
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 7+ years of experience in technical management
- 4+ years of experience managing other technical managers
- Technical roadmap evangelization and management
- Architecture visionary and best practices steward
- Vendor management
- Experience building and organization teams
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (Terraform, Troposphere, Cloudformation)
- Experience building reusable developer tools
- Experience managing a cross-functional cross-team support process and policy
- Experience in security penetration testing, frameworks, and vendors (threat stack)
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Leader of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile processes
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor team members of all levels
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You are able to hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- You are able to quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- You can command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- You are able to work well with other leaders in the company sometimes taking charge and sometimes following their lead
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!
PatientPop has one simple mission: help healthcare practices thrive. Our solution is the leading all-in-one practice growth platform that's HIPAA-compliant and helps providers promote their practices online, attract patients, and retain them for life. Learn more at patientpop.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.