Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented leader with experience in hardware development, integration and test to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding leadership and technical experience for the full life cycle development of our avionics hardware, integration and test from initial development to installation on the vehicle and transition to full rate production.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Leader of the Avionics Hardware, Integration and Test team, you will lead and grow the team responsible for all the electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production for the Terran-1 launch vehicle.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to lead and grow the team developing and testing a complex electrical system. This should include a strong desire to roll up their sleeves and jump in as well as to constantly explore new options for future developments. They will have demonstrated leadership with delivering advanced technical systems and compassionate, open leadership. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve our engineering, test and production capabilities. A successful candidate will be communicative, respectful, strive to find compromise, and want to complete the marathon that is launch vehicle development.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An engineering undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or comparable, with 3+ years relevant technical experience and 5+ years management experience.
- Demonstrated ability developing complex and advanced electrical components and systems.
- Experience leading and growing teams of engineers to develop a complex, robust electrical system through the entire life cycle
- Capable of guiding the resolution of technical problems at the component and system level
- Works well in integrated leadership teams to solve out-of-this-world problems
- Has developed young engineers and the next generation of leadership and shown the ability to handle complex teams
- Experience developing org chart, budgets and schedules as needed
- Prior experience in electrical CAD
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years technical experience or 7+ years management experience
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment with rapid growth
- Experience developing and verifying electrical systems to industry standards
- Experience with Altium
- Experience with mechanical CAD
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.