Digital Power Engineer
Ranked on INC 5000’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies and Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 500 list, EcoSense is a successful, rapidly growing LED technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire, and defy expectations through the lens of technology and the power of light. From Bloomingdales and BMW, to Harry Winston and Mall of Emirates, we light the most beautiful spaces in the world.
EcoSense hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. If you want to push boundaries in your field, then this is the place for you.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer (Digital Power) will come with substantial experience in the design and development of highly-efficient power supply and LED driver designs. You will be a part of the process from concept investigation and design analysis to successful production execution. Using analytical and problem-solving skills the Electrical Engineer will help guide decision making in the organization. The candidate must have domain expertise with designing, modeling, trouble shooting, and verifying stability of digital power control loops. This individual must have deep expertise of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops. Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques. The Electrical Engineer will help in architecture investigation with the power architect and help determine the best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost and scalability.
Join us as we revolutionize the way things are done in our industry! We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
- Analyze, model, design for excellence (DFx), drive prototype development, qualification, safety/REL certifications
- Design, simulate, calculate, and develop analytical models for prediction of design concepts throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop proof of concept, risk assessments, mitigation plans, and incorporate lessons learned.
- Create circuit schematics and BOM; Work with layout team on designs that are industry leading in size and power density.
- Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams
- Prototype, test, and validate designs. Document multi-dimensional activities.
- Perform competitive benchmarking for each project.
- Transition designs into mass production. Support sustaining engineering issues.
- Prepare, present, and lead peer to peer and cross-functional design review meetings.
It is desired that the candidate has the following qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years’ experience in power electronics
- Proficiency with schematic editor and PCB layout, simulation tool ex: Spice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Experience with Altium.
- Magnetics siumulation.
- GIT or other similar version control systems.
- Arena PLM or similar product lifecyle management systems.
- Python, MATLAB, MathCAD, or similar software/tools.
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.