Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant TechOps team operates thousands of Linux servers spread across data centers and cloud providers worldwide. Among our responsibilities are engineering large and scalable systems, evaluating and integrating third-party software, and designing and supporting the infrastructure that is the core of the business. We own systems for serving display and video advertisements, customer-facing and internal management interfaces, big data systems, log processing, social search and front end; as well as content storage and delivery for images, mail, video, and music. We support development teams in the organization who operate Linux applications. Our environment is growing and storage capacity is exceeding into multiple petabytes at an astounding rate. Petabytes of data flow though our systems every day.
About the role:
The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for writing and integrating various open source and closed sources tools. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of systems engineering and automation, including configuration management, containerization, and scripting.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and take pride in what you do, then this is an excellent opportunity to hone your craft in one of the largest-scale Linux environments in the Los Angeles area. We are a top-notch team of hard working individuals who are dedicated to ensuring that the supported organizations have the tools needed to do their jobs. We’re looking for like-minded geeks that enjoy what they do.
- Write scripts and programs to enhance the integrity and performance of the environment
- Enhance, modify or debug developer code as needed
- Containerize new and legacy applications
- Evaluates, configure, and deploy in-house, open-source, and third-party software
- Develop and configure monitoring for Linux servers, systems, environments, and services
- Maintain awareness of new and exciting technologies
- Provide LOE/scoping for projects
- Support development and operations teams
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration in a professional setting
- 3+ years experience with one or more large cloud providers (AWS, Google)
- 3+ years using Docker and or Kubernetes
- Previous experience in an Internet-related or other high-availability environment.
- Experience with Git and using it in CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one of programming the following languages; Python, Java, Golang.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various Linux distributions (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Experience with Saltstack, Ansible, or Puppet
- Familiar with container technologies
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Ability to isolate and troubleshoot issues efficiently in a production environment
- Solid understanding of various data storage technologies (MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Aerospike)
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Read Full Job Description