You will lead, design, maintain and evolve the infrastructure at Sure. You are a hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and forward looking leader and will build policies, standards and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
This would be the first dedicated role for infrastructure purposes. Since you would be the first, the role will consists of 2 hats: A daily hands on SRE hat, and a high-level planning and strategic hat. Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
We are a Python shop, and our platform is built with Django. Our data is stored in PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases. Our infrastructure is on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. We are 100% containerized with docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CI pipeline.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan and execute an infrastructure roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across teams.
- Maintain and improve our entire infrastructure.
- Add to our developer tool belt to improve our teams day-to-day.
- Constantly improve our deployment pipelines, monitoring, uptime and networking.
- Maintain our IaC standards and implement tools to automate operations and toil.
- Help conduct risk assessments and build risk mitigation plans.
- Contribute your insights across teams to help us improve or re-architect existing systems for scale, security and extensibility.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years in an SRE or DevOps role in a financial or technology startup.
- 3+ years experience Linux, the shell and bash scripting.
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
- 2+ Experience with AWS IAM, networking, database and compute services.
- Experience programming with Python, Ruby, Java or Go.
- Experience translating strategic goals into actionable projects.
- Have a risk-averse mindset with it comes to production data, access and security.
- Have an experimental mindset with it comes to improving our infrastructure.
- A passion for finding an elegant solution for complex problems.
- When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving and/or employment background. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application which includes work history, education details, and criminal history during or after the interview process. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.