Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
Rival is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for providing extremely reliable and resilient infrastructure at scale. We are looking for someone that is intellectually curious, flexible, and driven: you'll have the opportunity to have a significant impact across a variety of interesting areas, from service observability, local development, deployment pipeline, to wrangling containers. You'll work closely with a small team of DevOps engineers along with the rest of engineering team and will report directly to our Director of Engineering.
- Streamline the development process through tooling and assistance for both local development and production services
- Help operate the Rival service, improve observability, resilience, and fault-tolerance
- Help build and maintain Infrastructure at scale
- 5+ years of DevOps or software engineering experience operating large scale systems
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- Expertise in scripting languages, such as Python, Bash or Groovy
- You are willing to be on our on-call rotation
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Chef, or equivalent
- Experience working on container platforms, specifically Docker
- Strong automation mindset with strategies to mitigate issues and an appreciation of the importance of root cause analysis
- You are a very strong communicator. You’re excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with different audiences
- You are willing to write things down and document processes that are not automated
- You are curious how things work and when things break you are eager and able to help fix them
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.