DevOps Engineer at Appetize
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:22 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
I’m sure you’re asking what it is we’re looking for. Is it DevOps? Is it SysOps? Here’s what we need…we need someone to own our production and development systems environments. We need stability, scalability, support, monitoring, continuous integration, systems architecture…we need world class performance and stability. And that means we need a world class leader to champion that cause.
You’ll own our infrastructure, and the teams that run it. You’ll build out a truly epic production environment, and development platforms that will be the envy of engineering teams everywhere. Early on, that will be the hard work of standing up new environments, smoothing out automation, defining escalation and support, establishing impressive monitoring. Over time, you’ll drive DevOps, improving our speed of execution, architecture, automation and integration with the development teams. How you go about it will be up to you…the only thing that will limit the brilliance of our systems will be your passion, urgency, technical skill and leadership.
Technical enough to jump in when needed, wise enough to manage, and driven enough to lead. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you yesterday!
- Scale our platforms to handle anything thrown at them
- Ensure 24x7 stability…all the 9’s!
- Establish amazing transparency of system performance through monitoring
- Work with other engineering leaders to see your vision implemented
- Work directly with engineers to review their designs and improve their technical strength
- Be customer facing as necessary, building confidence and credibility
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 4+ years of overall professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of demonstrable systems experience in scaling web, mobile, data and systems platforms
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of our environment: Ansible, Helm, Jenkins, LAMP, AWS, etc.
- Ability and desire to share technical vision and build consensus
- Strong knowledge of dev tools, quality tools, DevOps platforms, and the latest trends in all three
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or similar
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel occasionally, including internationally
Read Full Job Description