It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
We are a highly distributed e-commerce company with several different in-house developed systems that deal with the huge volume of data flowing throughout the system. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work closely with more than a dozen development teams teams advising them how to best configure their production deployments as well as enforcing best practices and security. We support a 24/7 billion dollar eCommerce website that is hosted around the world in multiple cloud data centers, across several cloud providers and a few dozen containerized applications. From automation to deployment and monitoring, we use the best tools for the job, and constantly evaluate and innovate with world-class technology. You won't be stuck in a dark room writing code all day, you will be talking to developers, troubleshooting issues, building and managing all things container and always working in the cloud.
- Oversee and handle all design for any Linux/Unix environment
- Oversee the sizing and infrastructure solutions for the Web & WMS environments
- Manages company website in private cloud, hosted cloud web services (AWS, Aliyun)
- Publishes software upgrades and configuration management to company systems
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Establishes Web system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience writing shell scripts, PHP and other scripting languages
- Ability to run queries and stored procedures against databases
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- Experience in developing, installing, and maintaining HTTP modules in Apache
Experience and Education
- Generally required 5-7 years of experience in IT Operations
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!