** Please note: We cannot currently provide visa sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, please do not apply for this position. **
We have an exciting opportunity to join our company and work on some very exciting projects with an incredible client. We are currently searching for a very strong DevOps Engineer that has in-depth experience working with Google’s Cloud Platform. Specifically, you must be proficient with Terraform and GKE.
For the majority of the engagement you can work remotely from your home office, with limited travel to the client’s office in the San Francisco bay area (likely 3-4 times a month and travel will be fully reimbursed). You must also possess strong consulting skills, be a good listener and understand how to work with our client in collaborative manner to achieve their goals.
We can also be flexible on how we handle this arrangement. This can be a full-time position (W2 employees) with benefits, or we can consider corp-to-corp or independent contractors (1099s).
* Demonstrated experience in a DevOps role, with a firm understanding of release pipelines, automation and Infrastructure as Code.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working with GCP is required. Certification is strongly desired.
* Experience in supporting release pipelines with tools like Jenkins.
* Strong understanding of Terraform, CloudFormation or other Infrastructure as Code solutions.
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or GKE. You must understand the difference of what can be done vs. the client’s capabilities.
* Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible.
* Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, etc.
* Familiarity with GitHub and source code control integration.
* Experience in performing cloud readiness assessments with an understanding of how to bridge the gaps.
* Strong understanding of GCP cost modeling and pricing. Ability to balance the costs of the best architecture with the client’s preferred budget.
* Ability to work independently, without much supervision, and ensure project goals are met.
* Prior experience in a consulting role is a strongly desired. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to navigate complex situations in a collaborative manner but resetting expectations where needed.
* Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
If selected as a full-time, W2 position with Blue Pisces Consulting Inc. (not corp-to-corp or 1099) then we offer a very competitive benefit package including:
* Attractive compensation
* Paid holidays and sick days
* Paid vacation days
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package (50% paid for employees, 25% for spouses/dependents)
* Discretionary bonus
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our team and potentially open up some doors for future opportunities as well. We are anxious to get this started, so we’re looking to move forward quickly.