Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist in setting up and maintaining the systems and servers for the company. The engineer will work with cloud environments using scripting, light programming and a variety of cloud technologies including monitoring and security systems for web sites and applications. The engineer will maintain and respond to alerting and will work with vendors to support teams of developers and end users.
***This is a 3 month Contract with the potential to become Full Time***
Position is located in Woodland Hills, CA
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Maintain Cloud platforms such as Heroku/AWS & GCP, container technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes, CI & CD tools such as Jenkins and GitLab, monitoring and other tools related to web operations such as New Relic & Datadog.
- Web Development DevOps support for GitHub, Postgres on Heroku, Node.js eXpress services, messaging and caching technologies including Redis, Wordpress and related technologies and plugins, and eCommerce systems.
- Salesforce DX DevOps to maintain Salesforce environments - Gearset, DE orgs, sandboxes, prod, and scratch orgs for teams working with Apex and Lightning deployments.
- Perform general Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Write system scripts for daily administration and document system infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, plan and perform system and security upgrades and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Support the delivery of mission critical data to the appropriate people in and outside the company.
- Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical technology systems such as wireless networks, virtual machine and storage infrastructure, and communication systems.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a Linux system admin role (Required)
- Knowledge of LINUX, VHOST, Windows Servers
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment (GitLab)
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Chef, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk,
- Experience with monitoring systems Logentries, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix
- Experience working with the following tools: Gitlab and GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible
- Knowledge of NGINX.
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Bash.
- Previous experience with cloud is a must with AWS and Heroku.
- Superior attention to details
- Have a proactive mindset and solutions oriented
- Ability to be strategic and execute fast in a fast pace environment
- Motivated and ambitious, interested in growing and developing
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.