WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist in setting up and maintaining the systems and servers for the company. The engineer will work with cloud environments using scripting, light programming and a variety of cloud technologies including monitoring and security systems for web sites and applications. The engineer will maintain and respond to alerting and will work with vendors to support teams of developers and end users.
**This is a Remote Opportunity**
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Remote Working Environment
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Maintain Cloud platforms such as Heroku/AWS & GCP, container technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes, CI & CD tools such as Jenkins and GitLab, monitoring and other tools related to web operations such as New Relic & Datadog.
- Web Development DevOps support for GitHub, Postgres on Heroku, Node.js eXpress services, messaging and caching technologies including Redis, Wordpress and related technologies and plugins, and eCommerce systems.
- Perform general Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Write system scripts for daily administration and document system infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, plan and perform system and security upgrades and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Support the delivery of mission critical data to the appropriate people in and outside the company.
- Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical technology systems such as wireless networks, virtual machine and storage infrastructure, and communication systems.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4-5+ years of experience in a Linux system admin role (Required)
- Knowledge of LINUX, VHOST, Windows Servers.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment (GitLab)
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Chef.
- Experience working with the following tools: Gitlab and GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef.
- Knowledge of NGINX.
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Bash.
- Previous experience with cloud is a must with AWS and Heroku.
- Solutions oriented
- Ability to be strategic and execute fast in a fast pace environment
- Motivated and ambitious, interested in growing and developing
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.