In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Sr. Cyber Engineer for our Cyber Security Subdivision. The Cyber Security Subdivision provides expertise in security policy, requirements, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats through cybersecurity techniques, risk, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency. This role will provide technical support and leadership in security architecture, engineering, and researching cyber solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of space systems across multiple functional areas including strategic and tactical military satellite communications and ground network systems. Collaboration with program offices, government agencies such as National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), National Security Agency (NSA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), etc., other FFRDCs, and contractors, providing project leadership, mentoring junior engineers, and developing future projects.
- Perform system security engineering to advise various DOD and Intelligence programs on cybersecurity, information assurance, risk identification and mitigation
- Understand and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW designs
- Leading or participating in projects involving one or more of the following areas: Cyber Resilience, Cloud Security, Software Assurance, Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber Physical System (CPS), Program Protection Planning (PPP), risk and cybersecurity frameworks, cyber system trade-off studies for various system designs or protocols,
- Support the development and validation of security policy, governance processes, and requirements.
- Provide recommendations on network security architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
- Perform analysis, modeling, and simulation in the areas of cyber and network security
- Work with customers to understand and integrate cyber emerging technologies
This position can be located in El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, or Greenbelt, MD
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of experience in systems engineering of information assurance or cyber security systems
- Ability to design and implement algorithms
- Experience working with the risk or cybersecurity frameworks
- Experience implementing security controls
- Experience with embedded systems
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to travel
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- CISSP Certification
- DoD architecture development experience
- Procurement or logistics experience
- Experience securing high level complex systems such as data centers
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to interact well with customers, other government agencies, FFRDC staff and contractor personnel.