Are you a visionary chief architect currently leading a technology team? Are you a hands-on leader that understands the importance of best practices engineering principals? Are you interested in being a true business partner with product to help drive great products across the finish line? Do you picture yourself working for a company where trust, ambition, recognition, accountability and respect are the five main pillars of culture? If so, read on. We believe that people are reliable, good, honest and effective. We hire good people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in advertising.
As Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading, hiring and empowering the SteelHouse Engineering team. You will be in the thick of conversations figuring out how to scale and extend what we’re working on by bringing vision and creative solutions to the business while balancing priorities. You’ll work hand in hand with our CEO, CPO and engineering team contributing to the SteelHouse vision.
- Empower the engineering team
- Recruit, hire and mentor the engineering team
- Arbitrate between business and engineering needs
- Partner with product finding permanent solutions to expedite products to the finish
- Contribute to our vision and architecture
- Know the systems and servers intimately
- Work across tech stack and be excited to develop new languages
- Drive best practices and principals of Engineering to make great decisions
- 7-10 years hands-on engineering solving and scaling problems horizontally
- 5+ years leading and building a team of engineers to do the same
- Exceptional people skills –mentoring, leading, scaling teams of 50-100 (required)
- Ability to attract and inspire top-notch engineers
- Strong leadership and communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
- Pristine organizational skills – you understand how to organize teams for success
- Hands-on management approach to deliver and maintain complex systems
- Development experience scaling complex systems
- Passion for architecture and coding
The Gig Comes with a Few Perks:
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location
SteelHouse provides advertising software for direct marketers, agencies, and brands of all sizes. The SteelHouse Advertising Suite provides marketers with everything they need to launch retargeting and prospecting campaigns through display, mobile, and social. The SteelHouse Creative Suite lets anyone create beautiful ads using the content around them. Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry.
SteelHouse Wins: built in Los Angeles Top 100 Digital Companies in LA, Hermes Creative Award Winner, Telly Award Bronze Award Winner, AVA Digital Award Platinum Winner, EMA Innovator Award Winner, LA Business Journal's Top Places to Work in LA.